Tuesday 19 August 2014

Summer Farewell


School starts in two weeks and I have come to the acceptance that summer is coming to a close. 




This outfit was inspired by trends I have observed this summer that I hope will be present next summer. The black and white trend that was present in fall and winter carried itself over to spring and summer and white became the new black. This windowpane pattern has been popping up everywhere and I love how it looks with a pair of white birkenstocks. The grid pattern was really popular in American Apparel this summer. I really cute trend was graphic clutches and I'm in love with this one from Kenzo. This Givenchy tote featured above follows the trend of graphic bags but in a tote style instead of the tradition clutch - which I love. The biggest trend this summer - by far was chunky flat sandals. I was seeing chunky strapped birkenstocks, platforms and metallic accents everywhere. Many magazines and blogs were calling it the "ugly sandal trend" and it definitely wasn't the cutest of all trends this summer but one that stood out.  

-Becca 

No comments:

Post a Comment