Saturday 30 August 2014

Travelling


A glance at what my 2 hours at the airport consisted of + my laptop 

I'm currently on vacation in Washington D.C. to sightsee and do some back to school shopping. I've only been here a few days but I have fallen in love with the city. Down town is so pretty and the architecture is amazing, I love the mix of old and new. I've been out all day for the past two days and today I finally got to relax, I was reluctant at first since there is so much I want to do in such little time but my feet definitely needed a break. I'm glad I have been wearing my birkenstocks though! I would recommend them to anyone who wants comfort on vacation. The shopping here is amazing, there is an American Apparel, H&M, Zara and Forever 21 all in walking distance from my hotel. The Forever 21 is three stories high and I've already been three separate times. I promise it's not an addiction! I'll be posting a haul when I'm back home of all my purchases, I'm hoping to get most of the things on my back to school list I posted a few days ago (or was it a week ago? - can't remember) Yesterday we took a bus tour to Georgetown and it's breathtaking! The buildings are all really old but very well kept. I think I found my dream neighbourhood.




If you're ever in the D.C. area I would highly recommend you visit Georgetown. The best part is the shopping on Wisconsin Ave, just some of the higher end stores include Tory Burch, Kate Spade, Coach and Michael Kors. Although it's not all high end designers there's also Urban Outfitters, Gap, Anthropologie and J. Crew. 


 I'm going to continue exploring now! Talk to you all soon! 

-Becca 





No comments:

Post a Comment